Obesity is caused by excessive fat accumulation in the human body. Generally speaking, obesity refers to simple obesity, that is, it can become obese if it exceeds 20% of the standard weight. In the past, obesity has always been considered a blessing, but in the past 10 years, the dangers of obesity have been more and more recognized, especially the complications of obesity, and many people have begun to pay attention to the relationship between obesity and disease. Some experts pointed out that obesity is easy Causes seven diseases.
1. Diabetes. Relevant medical experts have found that people with obesity in the upper body are susceptible to diabetes, and the hip and waist ratios of obese people are positively correlated with the prevalence of diabetes. And men s waist circumference ≥85cm, women ≥80cm, the risk of diabetes is quite high. According to statistics, obese people with diabetes are 4 times more than non-obese people, and this ratio increases with the degree of obesity.
2. Cancer. The cancer prevalence of obese people is much higher than that of normal weight people, especially women. Women with obesity have a three-fold increased risk of breast, uterine, and cervical cancer, and a seven-fold increased risk of endometrial cancer. The risk of colon and prostate cancer among male obese patients is also significantly increased.
3. Coronary heart disease. The article in the Chinese Journal of Chronic Disease Prevention and Control stated that obesity is closely related to coronary heart disease. Experts compared 35% overweight as the standard and found that obese and lean people in coronary heart disease accounted for 49.2% and 10.1%, respectively. Because obese people have increased adipose tissue and lipids are deposited in the arterial wall, the lumen is narrowed and hardened, and coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, stroke and sudden death are prone to occur.
4. Hyperlipidemia. Obese people have reduced fat metabolism and reduced activity, which reduces the body s use of free fatty acids, the accumulation of free fatty acids in blood lipids, and the increase in blood lipid capacity, leading to a rising incidence of hyperlipidemia.
5. Hypertension. Hypertension is currently the most common disease. The prevalence rate in China is one in five people over the age of 15 and the total number of people in the country is 160 million. At present, the first factor leading to the high incidence of hypertension is obesity. According to research, the proportion of obese people suffering from hypertension is very large, reaching 20% to 50%, which is much higher than the incidence of hypertension among ordinary people, and this rate will increase exponentially as the degree of obesity increases.
6. Respiratory insufficiency. Due to the large increase in adipose tissue in the body, it causes an extra burden on the human body, which causes the human body s consumption of oxygen to increase by 30% to 40%. At the same time , obese people have too much fat on the chest wall and abdominal wall, restricted breathing activity, superficial breathing, reduced expiration volume and reduced functional residual capacity, making it difficult for obese people to breathe. As a result, obese people often suffer from shortness of breath, fatigue, and fear of heat and sweat due to decreased lung function and insufficient alveolar ventilation.
7. fatty liver. About half of obese patients have mild fatty liver, especially those with abdominal obesity are more likely to develop fatty liver. Due to long-term diet of high-fat foods and the presence of hyperinsulinemia, obese people will cause the liver to synthesize triglycerides much faster than their ability to transport out of the liver, resulting in the accumulation of triglycerides in the liver and fatty liver.